When a successful and self-absorbed Hollywood actor is forced to return to his small hometown and direct the community holiday play, he rediscovers the joy of Christmas, a lost love, and learns to embrace his inner Santa.
The Santa Diaries premiers at the historic Avalon Theatre in Easton, MD in 2012 where it raised more than 31K for the Avalon Foundation.
Written by Ambler and Burt at the request of the Avalon Foundation, the production of the play was their gift to their local community theater.
• Raised over $31,000 for the nonprofit Avalon Foundation in its December 2012 one week premiere
• Was a collaborative community effort involving one hundred actors, artists, musicians, singers, dancers, writers, set designers, and costumers with the enthusiastic support of their family and friends
• Celebrates unique small town culture while exploring universal themes
• Opening holiday family photo montage enabled hundreds of others in the community to “have a part” in the play
• Inspired a Facebook page and blog where cast and audience connected
• A multimedia performance which incorporated both visual and performing arts
• Had an all inclusive cast aging from five to eighty five for all talented ranges
• Delighted an audience of all ages who laughed and cried
• Generated significant support from the local business community